As you get your home ready to sell, there are several things you should do to make it appear attractive to potential buyers. Follow these 3 tips as you get ready to put your home up for sale.
Hire A Real Estate Agent
You may be tempted to sell your home on your own, as you save yourself the commission that you would normally have to pay an agent. You may want to give it a second thought, as an agent can provide several benefits that make your home sell faster:
- Have professional photos taken of the inside and outside of your home.
- Use their knowledge of the local real estate market to price your home accordingly.
- Use their existing professional and social network to advertise your home.
- Handle all of the paperwork that needs to be done
- Negotiate with potential buyers to get you the highest asking price.
While you can do many of these things on your own, it's the experience that agents have that will allow them to do them better and faster.
Give Your Home Curb Appeal
The first impression you make on a buyer is how the outside of your home looks as a buyer pulls up to it. If your home does not have great curb appeal, they will not even get out of their car to take a look.
Prior to your home going on the market, you will need to upgrade your home's curb appeal to make it look as attractive as possible. Now is the time to add a fresh coat of paint to the exterior if it is starting to peel, do some landscaping, and even add outdoor lighting. Not only will it make a home look more appealing, but show that you put care into the place that you live.
De-clutter Your Home
A home that is cluttered looks small, and gives the impression that the potential buyer will clearly outgrow the home soon after moving in. Now is the time to get rid of all the clutter that you have to give the appearance that your home is bigger than it actually is.
- Clear off infrequently used kitchen appliances from the counters to show that you have plenty of counter space.
- Hide knick-knacks throughout your home to make spaces appear clean and open.
- Get rid of furniture pieces that disrupt the flow of rooms, even if they add comfort.
Following these tips will definitely help make your home more marketable to potential buyers looking for homes for sale.